Friday, March 19, 2010

Wick Family Reunion March 13, 2010


Uncle Jack arrived on Wednesday, March 10th and I took him to my favorite Mexican Food restaurant. After dinner we came home and watched a DVD. It was heartwarming to watch him -- often I could see glimpses of my Father (Ollie) in his face. It was good to have him visit in my home.
On Thursday, March 11th--Judy Wick (Ollie's wife) took Uncle Jack out for a steak dinner -- he had a good time and when he got home we watched a DVD. Uncle Jack likes to stay up late and so do I.
On Friday, March 12th Uncle Jack met a man he worked with in Michigan and they had a pleasant visit. Then he came home and we watched two DVD's. (Good thing I had plenty of DVD's that he had not seen.)
Saturday, March 13th we drove to Phoenix to Anzio's to our reunion. Here are the names of those who attended:Uncle Jack Wick the youngest child of Oliver James and Margaret Gordon Wick. Judy Wick (Ollie's wife), me (Pat Wick-Ollie daughter)and my daughter, Elizabeth Mish. Nancy Wick (Uncle Bill's wife) and her children: Bill, David (his wife Margie and three of their grandchildren), Doug (and his wife Kay), and Tim (Nancy's youngest child.) George Wick (son of Dot and George Wick) and George's daughter, Kitten and her husband. Gordon (George Sr. Son) and his wife Tonya. Richard and his wife Carol. I apologize if I forgot someone and for forgetting Kitten's husband's name and Margie's grandkids name. I should have written them down.
We all visited for more than three hours and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. I brought a copy of the genealogy research done by Cheryl Wick (Uncle Jack's daughter-in-law--she is married to Jackie.) I think several of the Wick's were interested in their family history and I hope they will complete the forms I gave them so that we can gather even more names.


No comments:

Post a Comment